Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fake History

I have stories about how some of the oldest comedy tricks may have started.
Pie in the face:
Man; What took you so long with that pie?
Woman; Don't you want it?
Man; Yes...
Woman; Well, you can have it! (You know what happens next!)
Parodies:
"Mad" Magazine Chairman; We need new ideas, and fast!
"Mad" Magazine Writer; I've got one! Why don't we take a famous story, change the names of all the characters and locations, add some jokes into the script, and get one guy to draw out the whole show.
MMC; That sound like the same story.
MMW; It is the same, but different!
MMC; That is plagiarism and it shows total disrespect to our modern society. In other words, it's perfect!
Banana peels:
Okay, this one escapes me. What sane person ever looked at a browning banana skin and said, "I better be careful or that peel might go on my path and I was on the ground." Has this ever been proved right or wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment